Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spice up your life!

One food columnist I follow is Heidi Swanson who runs a beautiful website. She's vegetarian, she's a photographer, she writes about the interesting places she visits, and she shares some of the many creative recipes she comes up with. If any of you ever want to live off writing, this is the way to do it.

Anyways, a few days ago she wrote about a green rice with smoked paprika recipe -- I haven't tried the recipe but I was intrigued by the smoked paprika. I love things with a smoky flavor -- chipotle peppers, dark smoky whiskies, smoky cheeses, etc. Of course I had to get a tin of this paprika -- which Amazon happily carries.  I was completely and totally blown away by the superb flavor of this paprika. It's hotter than typical paprika but not really hot (not as hot as Indian dry red chili powder or even the crushed red pepper you find at the typical pizza joint) but it has a deep smoky flavor to it. I now sprinkle it on homemade pizza or sandwiches or even put it into a yogurt salad. It's simply marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment