Friday, July 30, 2010

Music for insomnia


For unknown reasons, I'm unable to fall off to sleep these days. I'm reminded of Al Pacino's movie Insomnia (excellent movie...if you like whodunits, watch it) and I'm getting a feeling for being an insomniac. Last night, I decided that instead of tossing and turning in bed, I would use it to my advantage. When I was a kid growing up I would spend hours and hours just listening to music but as a grown-up I hardly do that due to lack of time. This was a great opportunity to go back to being a kid.

I listened to my favorite electronica album (these days): 76:14 by Global Communication (image of album cover above and left). If someone wants an easy introduction to contemporary electronica, this is the album I would recommend. Easy to listen to and evocative of some of the scenes in the Bourne trilogy....many fans of this album might wonder what the connection is, but my mind somehow always goes to some of the train scenes in the movies while listening to some parts of the album. [If there's anyone out there who feels the same way, please drop me an email....I hope I'm not the only one with this mental connection].

The album runs 76 minutes and 14 seconds...therefore the title. Each track's title is also the length of the title....a novel idea. My current favorite track: 9:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment